"Freddie"

I am so weak. I tried hard not to get any pets but Dawson wore me down. This is Freddie the Bearded Dragon.
I finally broke down to save my two boys from killing each other. Dawson catches lots of snakes by our house and he tries to keep them as pets in our garage but while Dawson is in school, Fisher and Wade (a neighbor boy) always try to hold them and let them go. This last time was the finally straw for Dawson.
So to save Fisher's life, I told Dawson we would get him a pet. First though I have to tell what Dawson's loving grandma Sharla did to save my two boys. She surprised us with two pet rats. They are kinda cute. Dawson was not home, he was sleeping over at his friends house but Fisher was so excited and he held a rat and let it go. It then took us an hour to catch the thing and put it in the cage. My mom decided to take the rats to her house. The next day Dawson wanted to see the rats and I wanted to know if Dawson could hold them. In about 5 seconds, the rat was running away and Dawson, Fisher, and I tried to catch it for an hour and a half. Finally I called my mom and told her a rat was loose in her house and she said to leave it and she would try and catch it when she got home. Eli and my mom finally caught the rat. After that experience I wanted a slow pet that would not run. Freddie was perfect and Dawson is so excited.

1 comment:

jordan said...

ewww. rats on the loose. no thanks! I think a lizard is just great!

I can't believe how grown up Dawson is! It's been too long since we've seen you guys! Hopefully soon.

Copyright @ The Stokes Family | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger